Wheatgrass Juice: Delicious or Disgusting?


How does wheatgrass juice taste? This is a question that seems to have nearly as many answers as wheatgrass drinkers. It is an important question though, as it can mean the difference between whether or not you drink it on a regular basis. There are many people who try one shot of the stuff and think it tastes horrid. My mom is a health-food freak, and she won't go near wheatgrass juice because of what one shot did to here decades ago! She has never tried another one since.

Then there are those who will drink it because they know it is good for them, but they still don't like the taste of it very much. My wife falls into this category. She won't make it herself, but will drink it if I give it to her.

Finally, some people actually think wheatgrass juice tastes GOOD. I happen to luckily fall into this category. I actually wake up craving the sweet, grassy taste fresh from the juicer. I have a feeling that a lot more people would drink wheatgrass juice if they thought it was tasty.

I guess you just have to remember that wheatgrass is a grass, and not a fruit. Almost every type of juice we drink comes from sweet and tasty fruit, so it is hard to compare this to juiced grass. Maybe it is acquired taste, so if you can handle it, I recommend sticking to a daily regimen for a while and seeing if you can learn to love it. And if you are one of the unlucky ones who really can't stand it at all, there is still hope: You can take a bunch of wheatgrass pills instead. This way you get the nutrients without the taste.

No comments: