Can I Cut My Wheatgrass Twice?


When I first started growing wheatgrass, I read that after you cut it, you can let it grow again, thus getting two crops from each tray. This sounded great, but I quickly found out that second cuttings aren't all they are cracked up to be. I let the tray grow, and after waiting about a week, I had about two-inch tall grass. After cutting this and juicing it, it didn't amount to much at all. Maybe some people are able to caress their trays to produce hefty second growths, but I couldn't. Since I grow on a balcony and don't have much space to spare, I decided it just wasn't worth it for me to grow the same tray twice. Most wheatgrass authorities that I come across share the same opinion. Some also say that the first cutting is a lot more nutritious than the second anyway. If you have plenty of space and lots of extra trays, you can give it a go, but in my opinion, it just isn't worth it.

No comments: